https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Ride

12-31-13 It has been so dreary with the weather inversion.  There has been freezing fog nearly every day since the storm right after Thanksgiving.  High temperatures over the last several weeks has been in the 30's and the freezing fog has made the roads too dangerous to ride.

It was supposed to get warm over the weekend but the freezing fog persisted till well into the afternoon.  Suddenly the sun came out and the ice melted from the trees which made it "rain" in our yard.  Too cold for me.

Today the sun finally came out and I could see it through the window at work.  I got off work at 3:30pm and the sun was still out.  I got to my car and the temperature was 47 degrees.  That is my cutoff temperature for riding!  I had a singular idea - get my ass home and get on my bike for a short ride!


I got home, put on my boots and took off!  I planned on a short ride so I didn't put on my chaps.  I was pretty warm at first but it was already late afternoon and the sun starts to set at 4:30pm. 

It was getting cold fast and my legs got cold - until they went numb!  I took the freeway home and may have fractured the speed limit just a little (HaHa!) 

The sound of the roaring engine made my heart beat faster!  Already looking forward to my next ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment