https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Solo Overnight

8-19-13  I packed up my bike on Thursday night in anticipation of my first solo overnight bike trip.  My destination was Roseburg if I wasn't too tired after work.  Without much fanfare I left the Surgery Center parking lot around 4:30pm and headed north. 

I stopped in Canyonville for a photo op.

I spotted a few old cars.


I found these covered bridges in Myrtle Creek.



Horse Creek Bridge.
 
I made it to Roseburg and found the town center and some nice buildings.

1st Presbyterian Church in Roseburg.

Douglas County Courthouse

Big Fire House


 
Had a pretty good steak.

Stopped on my way back to the hotel for a night time shot of a post office.
Had a great sleep at the Windmill Inn (more like an 8 hour coma) and got breakfast in the morning.  I spoke to a guy in the parking lot who hooked me up with the location of a steam train!

 
Some historic buildings.
 

                                                          I got some historic cemeteries.





And a big fence between the catholic cemetery and the protestant cemetery!



 
Hello Ducky!






Way north of town.
I was getting tired so I started making my way south.


Found this ugly eagle.

City Hall Myrtle Creek.
 
 







Shiny people in Grants Pass.
 
It was a fun trip but I was glad to get home to my husband and my puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment