https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Directions of painting

Does anyone who starts painting know their directions?

I don't mean North or South, Left or Right.  What I'm talking about is the STYLE of your painting.  Do you start out wanting to paint like Monet, Salvador Dali or Bob Ross?  

Rivers, countryside, buildings, ocean waves, clouds.  What subjects haunt your soul?  What demands you to put paint to canvas?

I started painting a little over a year ago and I still have not found my favorite direction.  Each new piece has gone a new direction from the last.  My latest works in progress are an 8 X 10 still life of my own creation and a picture of a Kong ball that I did for my dog! 

Maybe I'll never find my direction, and maybe direction doesn't matter.  

Maybe it's just the feel of a loaded paintbrush against canvas which fills your soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment