https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

New Motorcycle

Sometimes...

Sometimes a group of unrelated events come together that can change your path.  Some call it fate, kismet or destiny.  Who knows but here is what happened.

My Dad had sold his house in Medford, Oregon and was purchasing a house in Arizona.  It was his last night in town and we had plans to have dinner at our local Mexican Food restaurant.  I was pretty bummed that he was moving so far away. 

Charlie met us at the restaurant and said his phone had been stolen during lunch that afternoon and he had been on the phone for the last several hours (mostly on hold) with the phone company, trying to get it replaced.

After a great dinner, we said our goodbyes and I sadly cried all the way home.  I went into the house and made myself a drink.  Charlie knew I was pretty bummed and wanted to cheer me up.  He said that while he was on hold trying to get his phone replaced, he went online to look at what motorcycles were available at D&S Harley Davidson.  He told me he had found the motorcycle that I had dreamed of - make, model, year, color, pipes, used, local and only three miles away. 

Lets go see it! (his way of helping me cheer up).  Now, I sure don't need a new motorcycle!   I just spent three hours washing my 2013 Softail Deluxe to go on a trip in the morning with my friend Kathy.  I didn't feel like going to look at a bike but I'll go along as a diversion - as long as I can bring my drink with me!

I don't have to put shoes on do I?  Oh, lets bring the dogs too, this is going to be a quick trip.  We headed down the road.  I told him I doubted we would even be able to see this "ultimate bike" as dusk was approaching and unless it was right in the front window it would be too dark to see it!

We pulled into the parking lot and there it was right in the front window.  Charlie turned the brights on and we got out to see it. 

I pressed my hands and face against the glass and there she was!  The bike I had only imagined and thought I would never see!  2017 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special with S&S pipes and a Screaming Eagle air cleaner, hard candy apple red with sparkles and flames, navigation, stereo. OMG!

Charlie said I would be crazy if I didn't buy the bike.

I named her "Kismet".

                            My new bike at the Milo Covered Bridge near Canyonville, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment