https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

New pipes!

I got new pipes for Christmas.  I ordered them and took my bike to D&S Harley Davidson and was able to pick it up the next day. 

The new mufflers are slip on Vance and Hines, a new air cleaner to let the engine breathe and a computer chip download.  I also had my 15,000 mile service done.  It was raining when I picked it up so I didn't get in a ride - just home.

A couple days later the sun was out and I got off work and it was a beautiful day.  I had to try out my new pipes!

I invited my husband to join me and we went for a ride around the valley.  I told him I really wanted a picture of my motorcycle next to the big blow up Santa at the Christmas tree lot on the way home.

At the end of our ride, he headed home. I headed for Santa!

I wanted a good picture so I rode up the sidewalk and pulled off into the dirt.  I immediately realized I had made a mistake.  The surface was soft and my tires sunk down.  I was surprised the kickstand held it up.  Oh well, I was already there so I might as well get the picture!

 
After taking a quick pic I tried backing up onto the sidewalk again but it just sank deeper.  Forward was the only way, and I ended up doing some off-road action through bushes to get back on the sidewalk.  I would have been so embarrassed to have to call my husband to help me get it out of the mud!
 
The pipes sounded great.  I rode by a lady walking her little dog and the dog jumped!  The chip download and new air cleaner has increased my power and actually made all the gears much bigger. I hope it's not too loud for long rides.  As an added Christmas present, my husband bought me a new air cleaner cover with a Willie-G skull on it to match the other side.
 
Tom, at D&S said they could always baffle the sound a bit if I wanted it a bit more quiet.  In the mean time I sound like a total bad-ass!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment