https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November Trip 2014

 
 
November Trip 2014
Wow, can't believe the weather was so great!  I headed out Tuesday afternoon.  It was very overcast and I was actually worried it would get worse but the skies got more blue as I went south.
I was shocked at how low Lake Shasta has gotten so I stopped for a photo.
 


I stopped for a photo in Yreka and kept heading for blue skies. 


 
I spent the night in Redding at a Rodeway Inn.  It was a little cheaper than I usually stay but it looked pretty safe.  I got into my room and it was a little questionable.  I sat down on the bed to watch T.V. and my head rested on the headboard and my hair kind of stuck to something sticky.  I got a towel to cover up the sticky spot.  Gross!
I had a very late lunch at a Chinese food down the street and got lunch for a homeless guy sitting at the nearby bus stop.
I picked up some cranberry juice at a mini-mart/gas station and made cosmopolitans in my room with the small bottles of Vodka I brought with me (no need to find a bar for a drink!)
This morning I laid a towel on the shower floor to make me feel a little better about the bathroom then packed up my bike and headed home.  

 
It was a beautiful day and the sky was blue.  I pulled over at the Mt. Shasta viewpoint to put on my sweat shirt.


I pulled over in Weed to put on my jacket as it was getting a little crisp going up the mountain.


Somewhere around Yreka I rolled over 16,000 miles so I pulled off the freeway to get a picture.  I considered myself lucky to be right near an exit as I got to 15,999! 

 
I was calculating in my head and I have put about 1000 miles a month on my bike since I bought it.  It sure has been awesome.  I feel so confident and I can say that the purchase of my Harley is among the top 10 things I have done in my life!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment