https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tummy Ache

I've had issues with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) since I was in my 20's.  It comes and goes and sometimes it gets pretty bad.  It has kept me awake some nights in severe pain with vomiting.  I don't want to get too graphic. 

Since I got back from Mexico it got much worse and the pain caused me to go home from work on Thursday.  I felt so tired and am probably anemic.  Since I had lost my appetite and hadn't eaten anything all day I got scheduled for a colonoscopy on Friday. 

The prep is the worst part, the procedure itself is a breeze.  The sedation part (Propofol) was even kind of fun for about 2 seconds and then I was out.  I remember saying "WooHoo!"

They found lots of polyps (labs pending) and some sort of inflammation.  At least they found a reason for my pain and now we can treat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment