https://www.facebook.com/sandi.roush.90

My blog about motorcycle rides, photography etc.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

E2E Shots from Grants Pass

7-20-13
It's been getting pretty hot in the afternoon so I headed out early and rode up to Grants Pass to get some building pictures for the E2E Rally.  It was a beautiful morning and I had the roads to myself.

I rode up the back way (not the highway) and saw this little fire department.

Fire Department - 2 points
Applegate #9 

Oversized sign
Really Big Shoe 
 
This beauty is the John and Susanna Ahlf House. Built in 1902.

Amos Earle Voorhies House built in 1929. 

George Calhoun House built in 1910.



George H. Lundburg House built in 1914.
 
Robert and Lucy McLean House built in 1890.
 

Grants Pass Courthouse


Historic Location 
Newman Methodist Episcopal Church 1890


Historic Location - James Kendall House 1903


Had a great cup of coffee and a peach muffin at a bakery with a drive through window.


Oversized sign - Big bunny

Albert B. and Mary Cornell House.  Built in 1925 in the Mission/Spanish Revival.


Michael Clemmons House, built in 1905. 
 
 
  
This lovely charmer is the Dimmick-Judson House.  It's vacant with plywood over the broken windows upstairs AND it's for rent! 


Rogue River Police Station

Rogue River City Hall

Cemetery Over 100 years old.  The Rock Point Cemetery is outside of Gold Hill just north of the House of Mystery on River Road.  While I was there I thought it was the perfect place for a geocache so I looked it up and there was one just 150 feet away from my bike!  I took a short walk up a hill and found it, signed the log then had to sit down on a small wall to pick all of the burs off my pants.  Found a tick as well, will have to check myself later!

 

These are the biggest headstones I have ever seen.  They almost look like crypts but there was no lid to push off!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment